Thursday, November 12, 2009

Windbag of change


Lou Dobbs has called it quits at CNN. On the rare occasions when I came across his show while flipping through the channels, he struck me as a pompous windbag – and another kind of bag that I won't mention here – but since I don't watch any of the talking heads on the TV news networks, I can't say that his departure will leave a hole in my viewing lineup. For those who also pay little attention to the pontificators of evening TV, Dobbs was initially a business journalist at CNN, but he gave his own career a boost when he decided to refashion himself as the Howard Beale of the anti-illegal immigrant movement. He also gave credence to the birthers, those dimwits who are convinced that President Obama was born in Kenya or Winston Churchill’s basement or the Planet Zoltron – pretty much anywhere but Hawaii. Dobbs hasn't announced his plans, other than to say that he intends to chase new opportunities and be a leader in the "national conversation." I wouldn't be surprised to see him run for public office, and I have a suggestion: Dobbs should try to reclaim for the Republicans the House seat they just lost in New York’s 23rd Congressional District. Then he could mount a campaign to stop those darned Canadians from swimming across the Saint Lawrence River and stealing the Zamboni-driving jobs of good, honest Amurkuns.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous x anonymous said...

I can honestly say I never watched Lou Dobbs. I know he took a stand on illegal immigrant movement. Is that so bad? He pointed out law breakers. Will your congressman take a stand? You know they say all the hypricits are in church. Atleast they stand for something.

I have a lot of thoughts on illegal immigrants. I will share! If asked.

November 12, 2009 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger PRIguy said...

I have never watched Lou Dobbs, so I don't know anything about him. I've watched Wolf Blitzer in small doses. Small doses because I find him to be one of the most pompous arrogant windbags that's in any sort of media. I'd like to smack him him so hard that his delicately yet perfectly coiffed head shakes for a week. Bobble-head Larry King...don't get me started. But I digress...

Perhaps Dobbs saw the writing on the wall. CNN's ratings are tanking almost as quickly and deeply as Obama's job approval ratings. I've heard speculation that Dobbs might run for office. Or maybe Fox offered him a fat contract. He wouldn't be the first to bail CNN for Fox. I really don't care either way. I don't watch television "news."

I do know that if Dobbs was against illegal immigrants, that's fine with me. Before anyone attacks me for that, let me state that I have absolutely NO problem with anyone coming to this country and enjoying the wonderful life we have here. But for God's sake, do it LEGALLY. LEARN THE LANGUAGE. That's all I ask.

November 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM  
Anonymous 23rd ain't over yet said...

I don't know if the race of the
23rd is over yet!!!

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/11/its_not_over_recanvassing_shows_ny23_race.html

92% of the Military goes for the right!

November 12, 2009 at 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Gettin Jiggy wit it $ said...

No one watches CNN. Have you seen their ratings? Versus beats CNN. This is a good career move for him.

November 12, 2009 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger Ellipses said...

"92% of the Military goes for the right!"

Or... in "real people" numbers... between 46%-49% of enlisted personnel are registered republican and 55%-60% of officers...

2008 exit polling showed 54% of military voters voting for McCain.

Obviously, different polls have different numbers, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find that 92% in any of them.

November 13, 2009 at 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

92% of people don't care that Dobbs left CNN.

November 13, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home