Saturday, February 23, 2008

He should be an inspiration to us all

I was talking the other day with my friend "Bill the Can Man," and he was quite excited to tell me about the new bicycle he had just received as an early 50th birthday present. And of course, that bike will be getting a workout as Bill goes about his business of gathering empty cans from many corners of the Washington area. I pass Bill on my way to work most days - I beep, he waves - and it's amazing the distance he travels from his home to carry out his work. Every time I see the "Can Man," I think to myself that if we all were as hardworking as Bill, had his accepting, trusting approach to all we meet and had a true appreciation for the many blessings we have in our lives, even something as simple as a new bicycle, how much better off we all would be.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home