Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How much fuzz is too much fuzz?


Some people are easily offended. I'm not one of the them, but I understand that some folks have different sensibilities than I. That said, I think it's a bit much that Lamar Advertising in Colorado Springs, Colo., has rejected proposed bus stop advertising posters for a production of the Tony-winning musical “Avenue Q” because a puppet was showing a bit too much, um, skin. That's right. Excessive puppet cleavage is the given reason why the posters cannot be used. Jeff Moore, a Lamar account executive, says his company takes a conservative approach in politically conservative Colorado Springs, which is home base for some conservative Christian groups, including Jim Dobson’s gay-hating Focus on the Family. I saw “Avenue Q” in Pittsburgh a few years back. It’s a highly entertaining show, but it is definitely not for those who are against swearing, gay people and sex in general. However, it boggles the mind to think that anyone could get the vapors over a puppet wearing a revealing dress. Remind me to cross Colorado Springs off my potential vacation spots.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what must it do to the Muppet Babies?

February 25, 2010 at 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can relax Brant. Focus on the Family is dissolving. I'm sure you were pleased as punch to hear of this news. Why didn't you mention this in your writing?

March 7, 2010 at 9:13 PM  
Blogger Brant said...

As far as I know, Jim Dobson is leaving Focus to work on a ministry with his son, but Focus will continue its operations.

March 8, 2010 at 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you don't know the story, brant. the previous post said dissolving. the impact on concerns that matter to you will dissolve. you should know the facts before you make them a point of your argument.

March 8, 2010 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Brant said...

I have no idea what in the hell you're trying to say. Would you like to try again? What story is it that I don't know?

March 8, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home